Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's All This Then?

Port Terra is the blog for writer Eric F. Kelley. And that's me!

Port Terra is where I post up new releases, muse about industry things, link to other blogs, and generally make a digital nuisance of myself. In effect: graffiti.

I'm very poor with introductions, so, I'll just settle with telling you a little bit about myself. I write books for a living. Over the last fifteen years I've written six novels. Two of them are okay. As for the other four, well... let's just say there's a reason babies are cute. Mine weren't. They got eaten.

The current project is entitled For Empress And Empire, a space opera set in what I'm calling the Age of StarSail. If you like Patrick O'Brian, C.S. Forester, Star Wars, and/or Star Trek, you'll probably like this. Take tall ships, fit them out with shiny technology, and let them sail the dark places between the planets. There's prizes to be taken, pirates to be hunted, and a war to be won. When the first book is on sale, you'll hear about it, and there'll be links. Lots and lots of links.

On a more personal note, I've got three cats, a lovely girlfriend, like movies about sailing ships, and play way too many video games than is healthy for a man my age.  You will often see posts about games here. Fair warning!

A note on moderation: I've got the authenticator enabled. Serious apologies for that, but the gold farmers love to spam blogs. Can't stand that myself.

I will also not tolerate the usual boilerplate list of things and blah blah, etc etc, and so on. I will occasionally post the odd controversial topic, so, at those times especially, I retain the right to moderate posts, people, and offensive commentary.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment